Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Greetings from the Producer/Director

Over the next month or so we're all going to introduce ourselves; I'll get us started and say, "Hi! I'm Brandon."

I have a fairly diverse background starting with extensive experience in community cable. Back in the ol' days we all traded hats between camera operator, editor, writer and director. I also had a very short run as editor for a TV show that lasted a season... ah, the good times we had using linear 3/4" tape editors.

In college I studied music theory (my passion) and piano. Toward the end of my studies at the community college level I began learning to fly for a career in aviation. At the university level I finished a degree in Musicology (kind of a mishmash of a bunch of different aspects of music with an emphasis in history) while completing the commercial pilot license and attending an Associate's program across town for Professional Pilot. Everything culminated in the last semester where I was enrolled in 27 units between two schools (virtually 32 since I was the supplemental instructor for a 5-unit aviation class), 9/11 happened, my car's engine blew up, a family member had a serious, life-threatening accident and I wrote more than 50 pages of term papers ... I almost got straight A's except traffic burned through my cram time for one final which resulted in a B for the class.

Oh well ... can't win 'em all?

After college I spent a year flight instructing in Southern California and then landed a job for what turned out to be a really shitty airline. Still, I upgraded to captain after 2 years (a pretty aggressive career move) and spent another 4 gaining experience until I interviewed successfully in China for a very lucrative contract. That's where I am now.

I've always wanted to make movies on film, and it looks like I have gathered the necessary talent and means to accomplish this goal. Our script(s) are very good: the characters are alive and the stories are solid.

I almost got arrested taking this photo in China...
ed. note: The family member I mentioned survived and is enjoying life to its fullest! I can't say the same for the cougar that tried to attack him. On a completely unrelated topic, my mother recently came into possession of a fab fur coat that she's now taking bids for on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment